Hancock Place School District, through a safe and enriching educational setting, will prepare students for a changing global environment by encouraging exceptional academic performance, lifelong learning, and responsible citizenship.
- Strong building and staff leadership is needed to ensure that all students have the opportunity to develop an understanding of their self-worth, ability and potential.
- High expectations of staff and students are necessary to maximize learning.
- There must be a safe, clean, caring, and supportive environment free from distractions.
- There must be frequent monitoring of student performance with constant feedback and reinforcement.
- Students should be encouraged to enjoy the experience of learning and should acquire the skills necessary for a lifetime of continuous learning and adaptation to change.
- Academic excellence and good behavior should be recognized and rewarded.
- Students should acquire the ability to interact and form positive relationships with diverse populations.
- Education is a partnership between the school, the student, the home and the community in which students participate in satisfying, responsible and productive ways.
- It is essential to develop basic academic skills; to obtain and process information; to solve problems; to think critically; and to communicate effectively.
- The school should nurture the understanding of the traditions and heritage of the Hancock Place School District and Lemay community.
- Students should be given opportunities to explore careers of interest and encouraged to pursue career choice through post-secondary education.
Hancock Place School District envisions:
- An Educational Community that is student-centered where both students and staff perform at their highest levels.
- A Responsible Community that teaches students respect for self and others.
- A Strong Community Partnership that commits to a standard of excellence for all programs and services.
- A Healthy Community that provides a safe and secure environment that places the welfare of students above all else.
Hancock Place School District envisions students:
- As Lifelong Learners who are contributing citizens of school and community.